Position Offered: TAX ADVISORY MANAGER
Department: Tax Advisory and Global Transfer Pricing Services
Professional Qualifications required:
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese; any other European language will be a strong plus;
- At least 4/5 years working experience in Tax department; additional working experience in Audit department will be a strung plus as well working experience abroad;
- Master or PhD in Tax or International Tax (LEIDEN preferred);
- Excellent knowledge of Chinese GAAP and IFRS;
- Previous experience as a Manager in Tax department is a plus;
- Previous experience in transfer pricing issues and Customs assessments will be a strong plus;
- Previous experience with Big 4 Tax department is preferred;
- CPA/ACCA/CTA is a plus.
- Chinese national;
- A team player with the ability to act independently and operate in a multi-cultural environment;
- Self-motivated, stable and be able to work under pressure;
- Flexible, collaborative, incisive and proactive attitude;
- Organized and resourceful, with excellent problem solving skills;
- Strong communication and influencing skills (with clients, colleagues, etc.);
- Capacity to deal with approachable, commercial, and practical approach;
- Ability to deal with various stakeholder of the Company.
Job description in detail:
- Manage tax accounting and reporting activities; review and approve tax returns, reports, and transfer pricing documentation in order to ensure compliance with Corporate policies and PRC tax regulations;
- Provide specialist tax structuring advice on cross border and domestic investments and transactions, including holding and financing structures, acquisition and vendor due diligence and structuring, private equity fund structuring, and business restructuring;
- Deal with complex and challenging areas including advice in relation to deal value tax impacts, share purchase agreements, financing arrangements, convertible instruments, tax rollovers, tax treaties, earn-out and deferred consideration arrangements, profit repatriation, transfer pricing, etc.;
- Be a primary point of contact for global projects and transactions, and collaborate with C&A professionals globally (including legal affairs, corporate finance and audit teams);
- Oversee and mentor upcoming talent in our team through structured coaching and on the job training;
- Ability to drive business development opportunities, including taking part in industry and/or transaction focus groups;
- Build strong internal and external relationships and take responsibility for developing contacts with clients;
- Business development requirement- Financial target linked to bonus and overall remuneration. Participate in Tax Advisory Department growth by delivering outstanding added value service and ensure company overall growth, in terms of new clients and sustain profitability.
Resume plus a cover letter in English is required.